Thursday, October 2, 2014

Fiestas Patrias

I will talk about my 2014 fiestas patrias experience. It was the first time that I celebreated "fiestas patrias" in Chile and I can say it was great and very funny.

I will talk about the 19th setember, because it is was the best day lived for me in that week. Days before to Fiestas Patrias, my friends and me agreed to go to "Padre Hurtado" park located in La Reina, Santiago. for 19th september, and we bought a portable grill, meat, chicken, sausage, cola and beer for that day.

That day, we arrived at 11 hrs. to "Padre Hurtado" park and we watched a big festival when there were many stands where the people sold Chilean food, drinks, clothes and different articles  . Also, we watched the Chilean armed forces's exhibition where there was airplanes and tanks.
Then we went to a green area where there were some cabins, and we decided to stay in a cabin.

The first thing that we did was drinking cola and beer because that day was sunny and we were thirsty. When we had some hunger, some friends and me  started to grill brochettes on the barbecue.  I wanted to learn cooking brochettes because I didn't do it before in my life. I remember that we ate many brochettes and drank beer and cola.

When it was at 17 hrs. we grilled ribs and we continued eating. We were very greedy. At night, we was watching a dance show of "Cueca". To finish the night, we drank chicha.
Then my friends and me taken the underground and we went to our houses.

1 comment:

  1. Last year I went to Padre Hurtado, is very entertaining to celebrated Fiestas Patrias there.

    ReplyDelete