Saturday, August 23, 2014

A field trip




I didn't do a field trip last semester, but I took about the field trip to Cajamarca in Peru, because it liked to me.

I went to Cajamarca with my classmates when I was 15 years old. It is a tourist city in the north of Peru and we were interested to know the principal places in this city.

I remember that we arrived to Cajamarca at night and we went immediately to the hotel where we will stay those days. Then we went to eat some food near to the main square and  I watched a main square with some green bushes and I was impressed because this square was very clean and beautiful.


The next day, we went to Cumbe Mayo that is located some kilometers to southwest of Cajamarca city. We hired a guide, who would lead us in that way.  The guide said to us that Cumbe Mayo is best known for ruins of a Pre-Incan aqueduct stretching about five miles in lenght. The aqueduct collected water from Atlantic watershed and redirected it toward Pacific Ocean. But I was not interested to watch the aqueduct, I liked to watch the "stone forest", a place with natural volcanic rocks which have been shaped by erosion.

Two days later, we knew other tourist places, but the "stone forest" in Cumbe Mayo was the best for me.

Number of words: 227


No comments:

Post a Comment